Most people when they see cupping think it is just for fun/ for the looks of it. What many people do not know is that cupping is super beneficial as a rehabilitation treatment for athletes and even non athletes. Cupping is used to bring blood to the area of pain. This allows for a quicker recovery as well as to reduce pain / inflammation in the area. Cupping became a big "trend" / widely used in the 2016 Rio Olympics
https://www.mytpi.com/articles/health/cupping_therapy_on_the_pga_tour_considerations_and_concerns
Cupping has a lot of health benefits and is a very easy process. There is dry cupping where the cups are places on the site with lotion, there is dynamic cupping where the cups are suctioned and then moved around the area to increase more blood flow to a larger area and then there is dry needle cupping where blood is removed and placed in the cups on the body. All are very effective in their own ways when needed. Overall cupping is not just for looks, it can help in so many ways!

Thank you for sharing this information. I remember seeing these marks on people in the olympics and thinking they were sick or had some kind of condition. It is cool to know how great of benefits there actually are for this. I would love to try it for myself one day.
ReplyDeleteThis is really good information that you have provided us with! I see people with cupping bruises on them all of the time but have never truly understood the reasoning for doing it other than for looks. Being an athlete, I have been informed of many different kinds of treatment but surprisingly, I have never learned about cupping. I think it is interesting that there are multiple types of cupping too. I will have to try out cupping next time I am having pain!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing about cupping! As an athlete I see individuals get this all the time and even I have did it a couple times, but I never truly understood the reasons behind it or what it was for. The cupping marks also always catch my attention so I appreciate that you touched on it.
ReplyDeleteThis is great information on one of the best forms of rehab in my opinion! I get cupping done every week and it saves my shoulder from a lot of pain! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this information! As a dancer, I typically do not see other dancers use cupping as a recovery tool, instead I see them using muscle rollers. However, I have always wondered if it would be a better form of rehab instead of using the muscle rollers all of the time. I might just have to test this out soon!
ReplyDelete