What even is Athletic Training?
According to the National Athletic Trainers' Association, also known as the NATA, Athletic Training is defined as the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of emergent, acute or chronic injuries and medical conditions. This industry falls under the health care profession and requires a Bachelors, a Masters and a Board of Certification pass on the Exam.
There are a lot of other ways to describe an athletic trainer. Most of the places people would recognize an Athletic Trainer is on the field in sports. However, in a later blog post I am going to talk about how there is the traditional setting athletic training and the industrial setting of athletic training. Athletic Trainers are used all over the world and can be useful to many more people than just athletes!

Really nice and informational post Mandi! Being an athlete, I have always had athletic trainers involved in my life but I am excited to learn about the traditional and industrial settings of athletic training in your later blogs. Athletic trainers are so amazing and helpful to have. They sacrifice so much to be there for their athletes and they should be recognized and appreciated more often! I think you are going to be a great athletic trainer throughout your life.
ReplyDeleteAs an athlete myself, I couldn't perform the way I do if it wasn't for my AT treating me for various injuries or soreness. I can't wait to see your perspective of it all. Excited to see your future posts!
ReplyDeleteThis is something not a lot of people realize. And athletic trainers i feel like don't get enough praise. We appreciate you guys. Through thick and thin!
ReplyDelete